The Significance of Hydration to Our Health
Many Singaporeans underestimate the significance of hydration. Many of us go about our daily lives hardly giving any thought whether we’re adequately hydrated or not. In fact, there are days when we consume more beverage than water. This is not advisable. We may think that drinking water is just a futile reminder of your mother and the health experts but it has real consequences if ignored.
Many Singaporeans underestimate the significance of hydration. Many of us go about our daily lives hardly giving any thought whether we’re adequately hydrated or not. In fact, there are times that you consume more beverage than water. This is not advisable. You think that drinking water is just a futile reminder of your mother and the health experts but it has real consequences if ignored.
You must know that your brain is composed of about 95% water. It does not end there because blood is about 82% water plus the lungs are 90% water. Water is important in the balancing of body’s systems like the muscles, brain, heart, kidneys and the lungs. Not all people know that a 2% drop of water in the body can lead to shrinkage of the brain. If the brain is shrunk, it will result to decrease concentration and neuromuscular coordination.
To add, dehydration can lessen your endurance and strength. Mild dehydration is also common here in Singapore though it doesn’t manifest early. If you experience daytime fatigue, it is time that you think of water.
You must know the health benefits of hydration so you will understand its significance. The sad thing is that there are experienced athletes who do not recognize the proper hydration – it is not just you but the people around you. It is time that you change your perspective about hydration with the following health benefits:
- Glowing skin: Proper hydration can manifest through the skin. If the skin is supple and dry, then it means you are dehydrated. Staying hydrated is a better solution to decrease wrinkles than spending so much for beauty products.
- Stronger bones and teeth: Water is known to carry additional fluoride. Fluoride can aide and facilitate stronger bones and teeth.
- Improved joints: Your joints need water. Bodybuilders particularly consume synovial fluid to keep the joints hydrated and protected through powerful workouts.
- Better digestive system: Water can help maintain healthy digestive system since it can appropriately metabolize food thereby reducing constipation.
- Facilitates weight loss: Believe it or not water can facilitate weight loss because it can overpower appetite through metabolizing the stored fat.
- Helps muscle building: If you are dehydrated, the muscles are clearly deprived of electrolytes. The muscles are controlled by your nerves and without hydration and electrolyte balance, building muscle will be impaired. If you are doing workouts often, water is essential for your optimal performance.
You should drink lots of water regardless of what you do because it can help in achieving good results.