The Ill Effects of Drinking Alcohol
Drinking alcohol is a practice that is done in different places, by different people and in different purposes. For some culture, drinking is a part of their everyday lives; like for Mexicans, most of them drink wine every day. For Americans, they match their meat meals with beer. Some uses alcohol as offerings for the gods. While some drink alcohol for their culture and traditions, some just drink for fun. Sometimes, because of too much fun and enjoyment, people forget to control their drinking, and they drink too much.
At some point, alcohol is good, but there are a lot of times that it is not. Here are alcohol’s ill effects.
- Alcohol poisoning occurs when a person has taken in alcohol beyond his threshold. The effect of alcohol in slowing down the brain, increasing the heart rate and all its effects to the body are intensified. This can cause brain blackout and cardiac arrest.
- Drinking alcohol can also cause different types of cancer such as cancer of the liver, breast, mouth, pharynx, larynx and oesophagus.
- Alcohol can increase the risk of cardiovascular diseases, stroke and all diseases related to it.
- Alcohol can cause permanent brain damage to a person.
- Damage to different organs especially the liver and the stomach is also irreparable.
These are the ill effects of drinking alcohol. The feeling it gives during the drunken stage may be liberating and euphoric, but the long term ill effect of it is destructive.